TOP Firewall Providers For 2019
The best enterprise level firewall Companies in World
So many firewalls and, of course, each one is ‘the best’ one, so how do you choose? Please see below Gartner report with features reviews from hundreds of network security pros who have actually used the products in real-world situations.
Firewalls are filters that stand between a computer or computer network and the Internet. Each firewall can be programmed to keep specific traffic in or out. All messages passing through the firewall are examined and those not meeting pre-defined security criteria are blocked.
For example, on the outbound side, firewalls can be configured to prevent employees from transmitting sensitive data outside the network, while on the inbound side, firewalls can be configured to prevent access to certain kinds of websites like social media sites.
Firewall Features & Capabilities
- Application visibility and control
- Identify and control evasive app threats
- Intrusion Prevention integration
- Physical and virtual environment support
- Integration with LDAP and Active Directory
- “Sandbox,” or isolated, cloud-based threat emulation
Firewalls use several methods to control traffic flowing in and out of a network:
- Packet filtering: This method analyzes small pieces of data against a set of filters. Those that meet the filter criteria are allowed to pass through, while others are discarded.
- Proxy service: In this method, computers make a connection to the proxy which then initiates a new network connection based on the content of the request. In this way, there is no direct connection or packet transfer on either side of the firewall. Network addresses are effectively hidden.
- Stateful inspection: Stateful inspection is the new standard firewall security method that monitors communications packets over a period of time. Outgoing packets that request specific types of incoming packets are tracked. Only incoming packets that are an appropriate response are allowed to pass. Firewalls using this method are often referred to as next-generation firewalls (NGFW).
The cost of firewalls can vary from free (for personal use) to significant sums of money for enterprise firewalls. Firewalls are often on-premise appliances, but can also be purchased as software which must be installed on a server, or as a cloud service. The range of pricing models is broad making it difficult to compare across vendors. However, an enterprise firewall may cost upwards of $30,000, depending on capability and type.
List of TOP Enterprise Network Firewall (UTM) Companies in World
Some firewall solutions are provided as software solutions that run on general purpose operating systems. The following table lists different firewall software that can be installed / configured in different general purpose operating systems.
Palo Alto Networks
Check Point Software Technologies
Microsoft Azure Firewall
New H3C Group
List of TOP Web Application Firewall (WAF)
Companies in World
The web application firewall (WAF) market is being driven by customers’ needs to protect public and internal web applications. WAFs protect web applications and APIs against a variety of attacks, including automated attacks (bots), injection attacks and application-layer denial of service (DoS). They should provide signature-based protection, and should also support positive security models (automated whitelisting) and/or anomaly detection. WAFs are deployed in front of web servers to protect web applications against external and internal attacks, to monitor and control access to web applications, and to collect access logs for compliance/auditing and analytics. WAFs exist in the form of physical or virtual appliances, and, increasingly, are delivered from the cloud, as a service (cloud WAF service).
WAF Firewall Vender
Sucuri Website Firewall (WAF)
Imperva Incapsula WAF
FortiWeb Web Application Firewall
|Amazon Web Services (AWS)|
|Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity (DenyAll)|
|United Security Providers|
|Bluedon Information Security Technologies||1||3.0|